Day 17, 18, 19: Lessons Learned
I worked Friday, Saturday, Sunday and was pretty worn out each day. It's also hard to come up with a different intention when each day from 0620-2000 is pretty much exactly the same. So here is a post combining my thoughts from all three days.
1. A couple of days ago (day 17) to be exact, I heard through the grapevine that a person from my past had some not so nice things to say about my writing. Well not even about my writing, about me. And my intentions. And my genuineness. So, I thought I'd give a little reminder that my blog is an outlet for me. It is a personal journey, and it makes me happy. My Instagram is just that, mine. So de-friend me, don't read. No one asked you to. Lesson learned here: people will disappoint you, people will talk shit. It's up to me to make that decision to let nagging hatred bring me down or to ignore it and continue on. I won't lie, when I heard this a small part of me was like, well shit. Maybe other people think that too, maybe I shouldn't finish the second half of the month. Then I thought about it, talked it out and said EFF all that noise. Haters.
2. Chubby cheeked babies are by far the cutest babies. Obsessed.
3. My husband is the tits. All day he kept telling me he was having a lazy day, he was tired, he would clean up his study tomorrow, blah blah. Just came home to a perfectly clean house. I do not deserve you... There is not better gift after a long, long weekend. ️️️ Love you boo thang.
4. Music makes any day better. Today I realized just how odd my Pandora is. A little Mumford, a little Michael Jackson, a little James Bey, a little Mariah, a little Beethoven, a little Disney, a little Eric Church. We had the music on and I even (almost) hit Mariah's high notes.
5. Sometimes situations may frustrate or annoy me. Sometimes an assignment at work may have me asking "why me? Oh God, why me?" But there's always a reason. A shy smile from a girl who hasn't smiled in a month. A giggle directed at me and my dumb joke. My back may hurt, but I survived. And all was good.
6. Wine and Fruit Loops is a completely respectable dinner. I thought a nice dry white would really bring out the fruitiness of the cereal. I was right. Geez, I forgot how good Fruit Loops are.
7. Happy Father's Day to all the amazing dads out there. Especially mine, he's the best man I've ever known. Throwback pic on point.
8. I am happy. I am so frigging tired, and my back feels like I've been a nurse for 20 years rather than 6. I wish there was a way to be both in bed and in the bath tub. Can someone invent that? But tonight I am happy. And I hope you all are too! Night everyone!