By this point, you all know how I feel about the sweaty, oppressive heat of summer. Not a huge fan, okay?
The under boob sweat, the chafing. Oh, the chafing. It's like a personal assault everytime I leave the house. Why do I even live in Texas??
Phew. Sorry. I digress...
Luckily, what I'm about to say will shock you. There are some things I absolutely love about the warmer months. Summer nights, cold beer, watermelon, lake days, floating the river, refreshing pools, cute dresses, country concerts (once the sun goes down), flirty cocktails, and...
Peaches! I lurve me some peaches. They're juicy, flavorful, and oh so versatile. So I whipped up four recipes for you guys that are light, tasty, and (mostly) healthy.
Peachy Basil Cocktail
- 2 ripe peaches
- 5 fresh basil leaves torn into pieces (or however much you want, depending on your love of basil)
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz kombucha (I found a ginger peach flavor at the store, but go crazy with whatever flavor you want!)
- 2 oz vodka
- Puree cut up peaches, basil leaves, and simple syrup together. Pour into ice-filled glass.
- Add kombucha and vodka, stir together
- Garnish with basil
**I used my Nutribullet to puree the ingredients, but I'm sure a blender or even muddling them would work!**
GF Peach Crisp
*This recipe is for a single-double serving in a ramekin. Feel free to double, triple, quadruple it into an 8x8 or 9x13*
For the filling
- 2 small peaches, skins removed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cornstarch
For the crumble
- 2 tbsp butter or butter substitute, room temperature or softened
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup GF oats (like Bob's Red Mill)
- Sprinkle of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine peaches, sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Transfer to ramekin.
- In a bowl, mix together softened butter, brown sugar, oats, and salt. Use a fork or your hands and combine ingredients until it sticks together. Scatter the mixture evenly over the peach filling.
- Cook ~40mins until topping is browned and fruit mixture is bubbling. Let cool before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
Peach & Mint Popsicles
**The perfect warm weather treat!**
- 2 cups fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup water
- Blend all ingredients together and pour into popsicle molds. I have these!
- Freeze until solid, about 5 hours
Peach, Goat Cheese, and Arugula Balsamic Flatbread
For the balsamic syrup
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
For the flatbread
- 1 box GF pizza crust mix (I use Simple Mills which requires you to have vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, and water) **You do not have to make this GF! You can buy dough or make your own!**
- 2-3 ripe peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
- 12 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- salt and pepper
- In a heavy saucepan, mix balsamic vinegar and brown sugar together. Simmer mixture over medium-high heat for 12-15mins or until liquid reduced by half. It will be thicker and cling to your spoon when ready. Let cool.
- Follow instructions per your pizza dough brand. Mine preheats oven to 350.
- Brush dough with oil. Bake for 5 mins without toppings.
- Remove from oven. Smear goat cheese on flatbread. Top with peaches and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Bake an additional 10-15 mins until crust is browned. Top with arugula, extra goat cheese, and more balsamic glaze.
- Slice and enjoy!
Alrighty then, there ya go! I personally made and tried all of these recipes and found them quite yummy! I was especially impressed with the GF pizza crust. It's the best I've found by far! Let me know what you think.
What recipes are your favorite for the summer?
Until next time,