Happy Friday, friends!
I think we all need some good feels this week, don’t we? I’m so tired and broken up by the continual violence plaguing our society. The continual comments of thoughts and prayers but no action. I cannot imagine what the parents of Parkland, Florida are going through.
This country needs a change in a major way. Too many disturbed and violent criminals are falling through the cracks. Too many people are lost in an endless cycle of harassment and abuse. I was at Target the other day and Kylie Jenner’s face was splashed on the covers of multiple magazines. We get it. She had a baby. And while I am happy for her, this country’s focus is on entirely the wrong thing.
It drives me nuts.
So, I decided today I would focus on the little things in life that offer joy. Some days are easy. Some are downright hard. But surely, we can find a spark of good in every day.
Here are 10 things that brightened my week.
1. The Winter Olympics! I love, love, love the Olympics. Summer and winter, I’m here for it all. I will say, though, the winter Olympics is badass. And a little cray. Like, I’m sorry, what the hell are you doing on that little sled there going 80mph?! Are you drunk?
2. Speaking of Olympics, this video from Kalen Allen. Have you all watched his “Kalen Reacts” videos? They are hilariousssss. Seriously. Check him out and bust a giggle at him reacting to the opening ceremonies.
3. Not caring about the dairy, gluten or calories in the piece of chocolate cake Jimmy brought home for Valentine’s Day. I mean, I paid for it, but ooohh eeeee, was it tasty.
4. A post-Valentine’s Day massage planned for Sunday morning. I LURVE getting massages, but I’m not the type of lady to get them just for kicks. I wish I was, but money doesn’t grow on trees, people. So, when Jimmy told me to book a couple’s massage, I said HELLZ YEAH!
5. Spending time with my family. Kasey and Eric went out of town for 5 days and Mom and I watched Lincoln and Addi. Whew, what an adventure! They are so dang cute, and they say the craziest things. We had a blast painting, going to the park, collecting branches, and watching movies.
6. Constant laughter at my weekly Hive meeting (writing group). I swear, we are probably the most diverse group of women, but we mesh SO well. It’s frigging awesome. I am beyond #blessed that I found this bunch of talented, supportive and hilarious ladies!
7. Already purchased movie tickets for Black Panther. CAN’T WAIT!
9. Getting lost in a great show. My friend Sam told me about Lovesick on Netflix. It’s about four British friends navigating the messy road of love and dating. It’s heartfelt and hilarious. Seriously, like bark out loud with laughter, funny.
10. Feeling at peace with the direction of my book. It’s back out to publishers as of Wednesday. I feel happy with the changes. I believe the book is stronger. I feel okay. (Alright, I’m a little nervous, but all-in-all, I’m holding it together.)
What small things made you smile this week? What are some things you can focus on today to make your Friday a “Feel Good Friday?”
Until next time,
P.S. Amazon Links to the books I mentioned above!